Will Facebook Sell Your Home?
Almost every real estate agent will tell potential sellers that they will use Facebook or social media to get their homes sold. But will it? If the agent is like 99% of the agents, the simple answer is NO. That agent will never know the difference between a real buyer and someone that just happens to "like" a home.
- 99% of real estate agents will NOT get your home sold thru Facebook Ads
- If Facebook Ads are done properly, your home will ABSOLUTELY get SOLD
- A consistent FB Ad game plan with numerous moving parts needs to be in place for success
Without having a clear-cut ongoing strategy, the only things social media advertising will do are build up the agent's ego with likes on his ad and make the seller feel nice that a bunch of people "like" his house.
However, if the agent uses Facebook in the proper manner, Facebook will absolutely get the home SOLD. There are many things that consistently need to take place for this to happen. Below are some of those strategies.
- Creating Some Mystery About the Home - One of the biggest mistakes that agents make is that they give too much information in the ad. If a very motivated buyer (Dave) has a $500,000 budget and happens to see a Facebook ad for a $750,000 home, there is no way that agent will ever have a conversation with that buyer. The buyer more than likely will never inquire about the home because it is out of his budget.
Too much information was given out about the home and there was no mystery about any of the home's details.
Granted this is not the right home for Dave, but the agent may have the PERFECT home for him. Unfortunately for the agent, Dave, and the seller, they will never find out because there was never an inquiry regarding the property.
- Consistently Finding a Pool of Buyers in Many Different Price Ranges - Just like mentioned above, it is extremely important for agents to not give all the information about a home in a Facebook ad. When a buyer is in the market and a property catches her eye, she will most probably reach out to the agent and ask for the missing information (price, location, updates, year of the home, etc).
When that conversation takes place, a couple of things happen. One, the agent will know that person is in the market to purchase a home. And two, the Realtor will know the price range she is interested in if the price was the missing information in the advertisement. If the missing information was the area, the agent will know what area she is interested in.
So by having these conversations and spending a good deal of money consistently on Facebook ads, it is possible to create a large pool of buyers in all different price ranges. When the perfect property is available, one of these buyers will more than likely purchase it. It is extremely important to have a pool of buyers on the sideline waiting for the right home.
By using this strategy, on average I'm able to create a pool of 325 new buyers a month waiting on the sideline for the right home.
- Having the Ability to Communicate with Buyers Multiple Different Ways - When a Realtor places an ad on Facebook, the only way the agent can communicate with the person that commented and/or liked the post is thru Facebook. If the person isn't the agent's Facebook friend, then Facebook Messenger puts the message in a separate area than where the person normally receives their messages.
Because the message is in a different area than the normal message area, occasionally these messages are missed or sometimes interpreted as spam. Also, if the agent replies to the stranger's comment on the post, many times the person feels uncomfortable replying with information regarding her purchase in a public setting on Facebook.
Since communication is so vital, it is is extremely important to be able to get a potential buyer's CORRECT email address. Thru my marketing partner and website provider, I am able to get the correct email address 100% of the time and phone number about 20% of the time.
Although there is no trickery involved because the buyer consents to give his/her information, the system I have in place is exponentially better at making it more worthwhile for the buyer to provide it.
- Providing Relevant Information Rather than Selling - People take much longer to buy a home nowadays than in the past. It is very common for buyers to start doing their home shopping research six months to a year and a half in advance prior to purchasing their home. There is so much information that is easily accessible regarding homes and the process, it just makes sense to start looking earlier.
Because of this, people don't want to be sold with high-pressure sales tactics. The world has changed quite a bit in the last few years. Buyers don't mind getting RELEVANT information emailed to them, but they do mind getting information trying to sell them. Most of my sales are from clients that I've kept in touch with by providing information that related to their situation.
This is why it is crucial to have correct email addresses and to not spam potential buyers with salesy emails.
There are quite a few more things that need to be done consistently with Facebook advertising to get homes sold, but I hope this gives you an idea that it takes a whole lot more than posting a nice photo of a home and crossing your fingers that it gets SOLD.
You Deserve the Best
Your Selling Experience
Your Buying Experience
Colleen, Paul and Elena, Thank you for all of your help in selling my brother’s house at 1008 Becker. Penny Farrall told me she had located a good realtor for me and she was so on target. It is hard... Read full review
Paul and Colleen Tosello have exceeded our expectations of realtors in every way - in fact, over the course of our experience with them they served as so much more! We relocated to Keller on a job transfer and... Read full review
Paul and Colleen were absolutely wonderful. We started our home buying process while living across the country. They both met with us numerous times when we would fly in, over zoom meetings, as well as with our... Read full review
Thank you all for your help!
Colleen, Paul and Elena,
Thank you for all of your help in selling my brother’s house at 1008 Becker. Penny Farrall told me she had located a good realtor for me and she was so on target.
It is hard selling a piece of property that isn’t yours, is filled with stuff and is 2,000 miles away. You all made it so much easier.
Paul – you were spot on with the sales price and marketing. There were so many offers to choose from.
Elena – I appreciated all of your communication with me throughout the process as well as checking on the vacant house from time to time.
Colleen – we had the most interaction with each other over the last several months. I so appreciated your calm, knowledgeable approach as you guided me through the various legs of the journey.
Paul and Colleen Tosello have exceeded our expectations of realtors in every way - in fact, over the course of our experience with them they served as so much more!
We relocated to Keller on a job transfer and chose Paul and Colleen after being referred through the Ramsey network. Almost immediately, we received a call from Paul. He spent 45 minutes on the phone with us genuinely investing in getting to know us and learning what our needs were. We were blown away by how kind and professional he was and committed to them.
We briefly explored the existing home market but ended up building. They expertly guided us through the process, gave us sound advice and made sure the build was a good investment for our family. Over the last year, Colleen has been a tireless advocate in dealing with the builder and our mortgage company.
Colleen did all that while also giving us great advice on many different questions we had about the area and other services (schools, churches, contractors, childcare, etc.). We are incredibly thankful for their professionalism and guidance - we couldn’t have done it without them!
Hands down the best realtor experience we’ve ever had in our 10 (yes, 10) moves! Highly recommend!!
Professionalism, Quality, Responsiveness, Value
Paul and Colleen were absolutely wonderful. We started our home buying process while living across the country. They both met with us numerous times when we would fly in, over zoom meetings, as well as with our builder. Colleen and Paul know the area inside and out and have helped us (and still are!!) with getting us involved in the community. Absolutely wonderful team. We highly recommend them. We consider them dear to our hearts. Thank you for everything.