5 Reasons you Need an Agent to Buy New Construction
Why should new construction homebuyers hire a real estate professional to help them navigate the process? Well, consider the following:
1. Representation. The agent guiding you through the model home is there to represent and fight for the builder, not you. Coming equipped with your own representation to advocate for your best interests in every stage (including the contract) ensures you’ll be getting the most possible bang for your buck.
2. Agent fees. Extra costs associated with representation may be why many buyers avoid hiring an agent for a new construction purchase, but here’s the truth: The builder is the one who pays the agent’s real estate commission, and if you don’t have representation, they won’t credit you that commission. So, hiring a Realtor is the only scenario in which you have something to gain. Why not ensure that you don’t get taken advantage of?
"Don’t get stuck with a bad builder just because you didn’t think representation was worth it."
3. Negotiations. Even the best negotiators hire professional negotiators to represent them because those pros hammer out deals every single day. Did you know that builders will sometimes pay a buyer’s closing costs or give them incentives beyond what is advertised? A Realtor knows what buttons to push, when to back off, and how buyers can maximize their position in a transaction.
4. Quality of construction. As a real estate team that sells a lot in the DFW area, we know the good builders from the bad builders. While you may just rely on a cursory Google search, Realtors can rely on years of experience and partnership with local builders to gauge a certain company’s quality, service, and communication.
5. The contract. The builders’ attorneys write their contracts, so as you can imagine, they’re structured to elevate builder interests at the expense of buyer interests. A real estate agent can decipher the jargon and break down its pros and cons from a buyer perspective. As the saying goes, “The devil is in the details.” If there’s one thing that we Realtors know, it’s how to find unpleasant things hiding in a contract.
Reach out via phone or email if you have questions on this or any other real estate topic. We’re always here to help with your buying or selling needs, and we’d be honored to help you make sure your new construction purchase isn’t fraught with regret.
Find "The One"
Your dream home awaits! We're here to guide you through the simple steps to a buyer's success.
Time For a Change?
Get excited about your next chapter! We bring patience, compassion, and calmness to what most consider an overwhelming process.